Facebook Ad Breaks are short advertisements which Facebook automatically inserts into your eligible video content.
To see whether your page is eligible for monetization via ad breaks, check the Join Ad breaks page.
Eligibility for Facebook Ad Breaks
Not everyone is eligible for having Facebook ad breaks in their videos, you need to qualify for this first. Here are the simple requirements you need to meet to start earning money on Facebook videos:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need to reside in one of eligible countries. You should also post your content in one of the eligible languages.
- Your content should be posted on your business profile, and your page must have at least 10,000 followers.
- Your profile must have reached 15,000 engagements, 180,000 minutes of watch time across all of your videos, or 30,000 1-minute views on 3-minute+ videos in the last 2 months.
- Your profile must adhere to Facebook’s Partner Monetization Policies (such as copyright administration, community standards, authentic content, etc.)
If you are not eligible for ad break monetization yet, there are a few things you can do to start monetizing your content as soon as possible.
Steps to take to start monetizing your videos
- Submit your page for Facebook Ad Break approval
This can be set up and managed at the Facebook Creator Studio. Choose the page you want to monetize, select the monetization tab from the menu on the left, accept the terms and conditions, and choose your option for receiving earnings.
- Choose where the Facebook Ads Breaks will appear in your videos
You can control where the ads breaks will be placed in your content. This can be selected in the monetization settings. Facebook can automatically inserts ads breaks in the 1-2 second “pauses” in the videos, or you can manually control where the ads breaks are inserted.
- Produce content that is optimized for Facebook Ad Breaks Monetization
Your Facebook monetization earnings will depend on whether your videos will be marked as eligible by the platform. The sooner your video gets a lot of views when it is published, the quicker Facebook will consider it best performing content and deem it eligible for monetization.
How do I choose a video strategy to ensure that my content qualifies for monetization?
The best ways to do this is to establish your theme and describe your niche and target audience of your videos. Keep in mind that ideally, your content should solve people’s problems and bring benefits to their lives.
Do I have to post only original video content to get monetized by Facebook?
Yes! Facebook’s top priority is to protect the copyrights of creators on the platform. Therefore, if the content you posted is reshared or reposted – the platform won’t allow monetization.
How much money can you make from Facebook videos?
It depends on two factors – ad impressions and ad CPM (cost per thousand). Ad impressions are views lasting at least 1 minute that come from viewers in eligible countries. For CPM, the cost also depends on the geographical location of the viewer, as views coming from the U.S. will be more expensive.
Use this formula to calculate how much you will earn from your Facebook videos:
(Ad Impressions x Ad CPM) / 1,000 = $ Earnings